I have a confession, friends…
I never actually enjoyed the Holiday Season until 2013, at the tender age of 23. Yup! You heard that right! With that, I thought that completing this survey would be a fun reflection of what I like/don’t like about the holidays as a fairly relative n00000000b.
- Eggnog or hot chocolate? I’ve never had eggnog, so I’ll take hot chocolate!
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always has and always will be wrapped!
- Colored lights on tree/house or white? I adore the white lights on a tree/house!
- Do you hang mistletoe? Never. Don’t think I will ever, too.
- When do you hang your decorations up? Let’s be honest here. I never do unless I am told to participate in doing so.
- What’s your favorite holiday dish *including dessert? Yikes!!! This is the hardest question! I love food and growing up in Hawai’i, my food is normally *local* food and Filipino food. UHHHHHHHH, pass?
- Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don’t have a favorite holiday memory. So, I am making them now!
- What is on your Christmas wishlist this year? My wishlist this year are more travel credits, passport holders (cute ones, duh), and anything that will make travel easier/better.
- Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? I don’t even know… I guess it depends if I am tired or not.
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? However my mom likes it. Momma knows best!
- Snow. Love it or dread it? As a lifelong resident of Hawai’i, I welcome it. However, I can see it can be a hassle in the long run.
- Real tree or fake tree? I really have no preference.
- Do you remember your favorite gift? This is going to sound odd. But, because I love practical gifts, I love the gifts I receive like bowls or cups that I know I’ll use weekly, if not daily.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you? Taking my family on an adventure which means more time spent together.
- What’s you favorite holiday dessert? I’ll stick with hot chocolate or a frappucino. #basic
- What is your favorite tradition? I love to travel, so my favorite tradition would be to travel over the holidays. Others find it stressful, but, I enjoy the chaos.
- What tops your tree? Wow. I don’t even know…
- Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I love walking around the mall trying to find the perfect gift, coming home and organizing and reorganizing it all, then finally giving it to them.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? Finally, the easiest question! My favorite Christmas song is “My Grown Up Christmas List.” I personally thoroughly enjoy Kelly Clarkson’s version.
- Candy Canes, yuck or yum? No preference.
- Favorite Christmas movie? No favorite, yet.
- What do you leave for Santa? Nothing.
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? If presents are opened the night before, then, opening presents. I then go back-and-forth to my partner’s family parties and my own family’s parties.
- Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall? At the mall, I like things instantly and don’t want to wait for it to come in.
- Christmas letter or card? I like Christmas cards. Or would prefer them. I never received a Christmas letter, so I am unsure how I feel about them.
THAT WAS FUN!